Fugro GEOS believes strongly in encouraging young engineers and, on both sides of the Atlantic, has taken major steps to promote marine science, underwater technology and marine engineering education.
Fugro GEOS believes in supporting and investing in education to:
- Broaden the awareness of oceanography and meteorology in the educational sector
- Attract students into this sector
- Encourage those already pursuing it and to highlight future career prospects to students
Education Programs in UK
Through its partnerships and collaboration with various marine science institutions, Fugro GEOS is able to develop alliances with their members and the marine science community, and thereby contribute to the sustainability of the community through possible future employment.
UK Undergraduate Student Placement Programme
This programme provides undergraduate students an opportunity to gain an insight into commercial oceanography with our Company.
- Paid Summer work for the duration of the assignment (typically 6 - 8 weeks)
- Paid accommodation throughout the assignment if required
- This programme is open to all undergraduate students studying an ocean science degree.
Scholarships in USA
In Texas USA, Fugro GEOS Group Inc offers an annual scholarship worth $5,000 to an undergraduate student pursuing a course of studies that embraces at least one of the relevant areas.
To facilitate this Fugro GEOS Inc has teamed-up with the Society for Underwater Technology - Houston Chapter (SUT Houston) who manage, assess and review the applications. Applicants may be students of any nationality in full-time study at any accredited college or university within the United States, but particularly in Texas.